1. Our mission statement: "To work as many amateur stations throughout the world on as many bands and modes as possible."
2. Remember, our published frequencies are only a GUIDE! We will move +/- to avoid QRMing existing QSOs.
3. We carefully selected our frequencies (especially 15m and 20m) to avoid frequency overlap with the Ducie Island expedition that plans to be QRV at the same time we are. This explains our somewhat unorthodox (but hopefully very effective) transmitting frequencies and splits on those bands.
4. We will try to avoid having to work you "by the numbers." However if we have to work by numbers to keep the pileup moving, here is how we will do it:
(a) For USA/NA only, we will follow propagation across the continent, so the sequence is
1 2 3 4 8 9 0 5 7 6.
(b) If you call us as AA1AA/4, you are a 4, not a 1.
(c) If you call us as Z32ZG, you are welcome as either a 3 or a 2.
5. Dupes. No problem!! Use your good judgment! If you aren't sure of your QSO, please work us again, or check the Web Log (logs may be delayed up to 24 hours). We will not chastise you for duping us! However, please try to refrain from insurance contacts on 160m until later in the operation when the piles are smaller.
6. Where are we? Please remember that our logging computers are not networked and our operators almost certainly don't know where the other XRØX stations are operating. Your best source for "where are we?" information is your local packetcluster network or the internet webclusters. Please don't ask us where the other stations are, because we probably won't be able to tell you.
7. Pilots: Our pilot's PRIMARY responsibility is to help ensure the safety and comfort of the dxpedition --- passing weather reports, emergency traffic from family members, and so on. Their next priority is to pass traffic to the team members concerning propagation issues, especially from the regions near the antipode. Your constructive criticism, information about our performance, and other news will be most welcome, but please try to give us information that will help us as we operate. We will gladly catch up with archival complaints after the expedition.