1. Participant. I, ________________________________, have voluntarily joined with other individuals to participate in an Expedition to San Felix Island, a possession of Chile. The project is defined and described in documents posted on the website of the Expedition, http://www.cordell.org/SFX, and especially in the Policies document posted there. This action is taken with my full awareness of the requirements, limitations, and risks of the project.
2. Policies. I have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the policies for the Expedition as set forth in the Policies document as posted on the website. The date (at the bottom of the Policies document) that I have read is _______________________. At my discretion, I may append a copy of that Policies document to this document.
3. Travel. I agree that I am solely responsible for arranging and funding my personal travel, equipment, services, fees, accommodations, incidentals travel, and all related expenses to and from Valparaiso, Chile. I agree that the Expedition and its organizers and participants and supporting persons and organizations are in no way responsible for my personal expenses and actions. I understand that my travel from Valparaiso to San Felix Island is contingent on unknown factors, and that such transportation may not actually be available at the anticipated time.
4. Costs. I understand that all of the costs of the Expedition excluding travel from my home to Valpraiso, Chile will be paid for by the Expedition funds. I agree to contribute $1250.00 to this fund. In the event that this contribution is insufficient to meet the actual expenses of this DXpedition, I agree to contribute on a pro rata basis whatever monies may be required to fulfill the Expedition?s obligations to creditors. I understand than any surplus available at the end of the Expedition will be divided among the participants (and no others) on a pro rata basis.
5. Emergencies. I have provided the Expedition with information for emergencies. I agree to be responsible for the cost of transporting me from any place visited during the Expedition to a suitable medical facility should I become ill or injured, and for subsequent medical and transportation costs related to that illness or injury. I will be responsible for reasonable incidental expenses incurred by others on my behalf in the event of such an emergency. I have the option of covering this responsibility with an appropriate insurance policy.
6. Waiver of Liability. I agree that I will not seek compensation of any kind for any loss that I may incur during the period of this Expedition from any participant or combination of participants in this Expedition.
This provision covers all incidents of any type, regardless of cause, even in the event of negligence.
7. Binding. My agreement with these provisions, and the actions associated with and implied by this agreement, will be binding on all persons who would seek to represent my interests, including my heirs and counsel. It is my intention to hold all persons and organizations involved with the Expedition fully free and blameless forever.