- by KK6EK
- DXA/K7C Questionnaire and Responses
- Conducted by KK6EK
About 150 amateurs filled out the questionnaire, some including extensive comments. The responses are provided here in their entireity--all responses are included, and the responses have not been edited (except for consistency and English, when necessary, and to eliminate some purely personal comments). The callsign of the respondent has been included, in the belief that almost everyone would prefer to be identified; if anyone is offended, please contact me and I will remove your callsign and/or response.
- QUESTION 1 - USE: How did you use DXA (displayed it all the time, logged in once in a while, logged in once, etc.).
- QUESTION 2 - PERFORMANCE: When you made your QSO(s), did DXA correctly display the bandmode "greenie" in a reasonable time? Were there any glitches, errors, etc? Is it correct now?
- QUESTION 3 - COMPUTER: Did the DXA window fit on your computer (please explain)? Was it responsive to clicking on the links? Did it get corrupted over time? If you used a machine other than Windows (1024x768), such as a Mac, what was your experience?
- QUESTION 4 - AESTHETICS: Was the amount of information on the DXA screen(s) appropriate for you? Was it laid out sensibly for you? Could you find what you wanted to see? Did you find and use the HELP file?
- QUESTION 5 - DXA VERSION 2: Do you have any suggestions for DXA version 2, such as features, layout, etc.? Would you like to see DXA used for other events, such as contests, field day, etc? Would you like to see a DXA (graphics, map) version of the spotting networks, such as the telnet Spider?
- QUESTION 6 - REAL-TIME DXING: How do you feel about real-time information for DXpeditions? Does having a website that presents log information, live streaming video, interactivity with the onsite team, etc. reduce the "mystery" and "magic" of DXing? Do you see any problems with ethics, mechanics, or quality of DXing due to the use of the internet? Are there any features, services, activities, etc. that you would like to see that internet technology can provide?
If you did not fill out the questionnaire but would like to , please click here.
A personalized certificate of appreciation (shown above) will be e-mailed to you for filling out the questionnaire